DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAMME
Applicable unit standard(s)
Our Distance Learning Programme is based on the following unit standard(s):
- Facilitator - Training the trainer:
- Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies (Unit Standard: 117871 NQF 5, 10 Credits)
- Conduct outcomes-based assessment (Unit Standard 115753, NQF 5, 15 credits)
- Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessments (Unit standard 115759, NQF6, 10 credits)
What You Need To Know
Study On Your Own Time - At Your Own Pace
- The mentioned unit standard(s) forms part of nationally registered Occupational Directed Education Training Development Practitioner (OD ETDP) qualifications. This means that learners can receive credits for the mentioned unit standard(s) when enrolling for an OD ETDP-related qualification
- 1 Zoom session (Day 1) on Course commencement
- Study modules online - you study at your own pace.
- Download and Complete assignments
- Submit Assignments online
- 1 Zoom session(Day 2) prior to POE assignment
Our Online platform gives you access to all the required teaching materials in a highly visual way.
- We conduct two Learner support days per learning programme.
- Learner support days are presented via zoom.
During the Learner support days, learners will receive face-to-face guidance and support by a Facilitator/ Assessor.
- The purpose of Learner support day 1 is to
- give learners a general overview of the learning material and
- orientate learners in terms of the assessment activities that they have to perform.
- The purpose of Learner support day 2 is to
- review the evidence that learners prepared in terms of the assessment activities that they
- Perform, guide and support learners (to make corrections) in terms of the evidence that they prepared.
Learner support days are non-compulsory, but highly recommended.
On-going learner guidance and support is also available via e-mail and WhatsApp.
To register for this distance learning programme:
- learners have to be able to read and write in English on an NQF Level 4 i.e. a Grade-12 level
- learners have subject-matter knowledge and experience in the field in which they will conduct assessments e.g. beauty therapy, Permanent Makeup, Aesthetic treatments, etc.
Learners have to complete the following summative assessment activities during the distance learning programme:
- Assignment (in their own time before Learner support day 2).
- Assignment questions (in their own time before Learner support day 2).
- Simulation (after Follow-up day 2).
Learners have to submit the evidence, which they collect during summative assessment activities, in a Portfolio of evidence (POE).
- Learners are allowed three assessment attempts.
About your Trainer Ramona Kruger
Ramona have more than 20 years’ experience in training and development, which includes all aspects of the industry.
From individual training and up skilling in the Education, Training and Development to assisting companies with national and international accreditation this includes administration and liaising with Seta’s in application for the accreditation of training companies, administration for individuals with registration with related seta according to their experience and qualification as assessors and moderators. I am also a freelance student support for ETDP courses, facilitation training courses in various industries and re-alignment of training material to fit the Seta requirements.
We are delighted to have her as part of our team of training providers at Elite Esthetics Academy